Blackmagic Design just released an update to DaVinci Resolve (12.3). There are a few nice tidbits included in this mostly refinement and bug fix update.
Some of the new features include:
- Decode support for HEVC/H.265 QuickTime video in DaVinci Resolve Studio on Windows
- Added Media Storage context menu option to directly add storage locations without opening Preferences on Mac and Windows
- Ability to add Media Storage locations without restarting Resolve on Mac and Windows
- Added support for reading Reel Names in OpenEXR media
- Added decode support for Sony MPEG2 video files
- Added support for ARRI RAW sharpness when using the ARRI Full Res Debayer
- Added support for smaller font sizes on burn-ins
- Added support for keyboard shortcut for loop on the Edit Page
- Improved HEVC/H.265 decode performance on Mac in DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Improved H.264 decode performance on Windows
- Improved Varicam, MPEG4, AVC and AVC-Intra MXF decode performance on Mac and Windows
- Improved compressed OpenEXR decode performance
- Added support for RED SDK v6.1
- General performance and stability improvements
The one change that stands out to me most is correcting the inability to easy add media locations in Resolve. And once you've added it, you had to restart the entire application for them to take effect. This has been driving me crazy for a long time and I'm glad they fixed this relatively microscopic, yet massively annoying issue.
UPDATE: One bug fix that was not actually fixed in the 12.3 update has now been squashed in a very minor (12.3.1) update today. This fixes the application stability when opening CinemaDNG files from by a camera or recorder device other than from Blackmagic cameras and recorders. Previously, CinemaDNG files from other third party recorders and cameras would possibly cause crashes in Resolve.
Download the update right now over at Blackmagic Design's support page, free of charge - per usual.